The Municipality of Jagna joins the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council in the observance of the National Disaster Consciousness Month with the theme “Ligtas na Bayan Maunlad na Pamayanan”. Along with this observance, kick-off activity includes the following:
- Releasing balloons in four colors representing the four DRRM thematic areas : green for prevention and mitigation, blue for preparedness, red for response, and yellow for recovery and rehabilitation. (July 2, 2012)
- Display of NDCM streamer (July 2-31, 2012)
- Conduct of Disaster Preparedness drills such as earthquake drill at Jagna Central Elementary School – July 16, 2012 in the morning and Fire Drill Exercise at Canjulao Elementary School – July 16, 2012 in the afternoon.
- Operation clean-up Drive of Storm Surge Drainage, Rivers, Creeks and Estuaries in Brgy Tejero-Poblacion-Pagina (July 14, 2012 Saturday with BIT-IC ROTC Cadet and CWTS)
- Continuing Tree Growing Activities in Tubod Monte Integrated School (July 20), Lonoy Heroes Memorial High School (July 25 AM) and Faraon National High School (July 25 PM).
- Basic Life Support/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (BLS/CPR) and Water Search and Rescue (WASAR) Demonstration and Training to MDRRMC members and coastal barangays (July 31, 2012)
- Launching of New Jagna Active Link Emergency Response Transponder (ALERT) System (July 23, 2012)
- MDRRM Operational Planning Workshop for CY 2013 (July 18-20, 2012)
Other activities suggested by the MDRRMC include distribution of IEC materials, DRRM seminars – trainings and radio programs.