National Community Driven Development (NCDDP) PROGRAM
- National expansion of the community-driven development (CDD) strategy of Kalahi-CIDSS1
- KALAHI-CIDSS is one of the 3-core (convergence) poverty reduction programs of DSWD and a unique approach to development.
- KALAHI CIDSS-NCDDP, otherwise known as the Kapit-Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan -Comprehensive and Integrated Delivery of Social Services-National Community-Driven Development Program, is one of the poverty alleviation programs of the Philippine Government being implemented by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
KALAHI CIDSS principle
Decision-making resides in communities. People analyze their own situation and needs, prioritize problems, propose solutions and develop an action plan which they implement.
Emerging adjustments to NCDDP
Align the KC-NCDDP into a program to support community-driven post-disaster response and development in Yolanda-affected municipalities located in target areas of KC-NCDDP.
KC-NCDDP Development Objective
- To have barangays/communities of targeted municipalities become empowered to achieve improved access to services and to participate in more inclusive local planning, budgeting, and implementation.
- Community empowerment: by involving communities in participatory planning, implementation, and management of local development activities;
- Improved local governance: by strengthening formal and informal institutions to become more inclusive, accountable and effective.
- Poverty reduction: by promoting equitable access to basic services and inclusive.