• Republic Act / Implementing Rules and Regulations
The Municipal Engineering Office (MEO) is primarily created to provide engineering services including investigation and survey, engineering designs, feasibility studies, and project management. It is one of the mandatory offices created through Republic Act 7160 or the Local Government Code of 1991 and its functions are outlined in Article 7, Section 477 of this Act.
This Engineering Office shall also act as the Local Building Office as stated on the same Local Government Code of 1991 and its enforcing guidelines as manifested in the Presidential Decree No. 1096 otherwise known as the National Building Code of the Philippines (NBCP) thereby revising Republic Act Numbered Sixty-Five Hundred Forty-One (RA No. 6541).
• Municipal Ordinance
Municipal Ordinance No. 01-05-2017 (Municipal Revenue Code), Article 1, Section 14.1, states “No person, firm or corporation, including any agency or instrumentality of the government shall erect, construct, alter, repair, move, convert or demolish any building or structure or cause the same to be done without first obtaining a building permit therefore from the Building Officer of this Municipality.”
An Ordinance (Municipal Ordinance No. 8-08-2004), requiring for the display of the Permit of the Municipality for any Construction within the Residential, Commercial, or any other building.
• Office of the Building Official
• Planning and Programming
• Construction and Maintenance
• Administrative Support
• Material Testing and Quality Control ( *Future Expansion )
Provide adequate, relevant and efficient infrastructure support facilities, utilities and basic engineering services to boost the socio-economic state of the municipality within the framework of sustainable development and effectively implement building safety standards to ensure buildings and structures are not just livable but are properly built and maintained.
We are committed to delivering Quality Work and Products, Safety and on schedule. A department with an open mind and ready to embrace new opportunities, and driven to deliver challenges in infrastructure development.
Municipal Engineering Department, provide Engineering and Technical solutions with trust, mutual respect, teamwork, sense of urgency, empowerment, risk taking, continuous improvement, commitment and client satisfaction.
- Initiate, review and recommend changes in policies and objectives, plans and programs, techniques, procedures and practices in infrastructure development and public works in general of the municipality;
- Advise the Mayor on infrastructure, public works, and other engineering matters;
- Administer, coordinate, supervise, and control the construction, maintenance, improvement, and repair of roads, bridges, and other engineering and public works projects of the municipality;
- Provide engineering services to the municipality, including investigation and survey, engineering designs, feasibility studies, and project management;
- Approve and issue building permits; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
1. Implementing agency of all Government Infrastructure Projects including the preparation of all detailed Engineering Designs, field surveys, cost estimates, plans and specifications;
2. Primarily responsible for the enforcement of the National Building Code (PD 1096) as well as of the implementing rules and regulations issued therefor.